Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jack of all trades, master of none...

I often get the feeling I am a "Jack of all trades". I dabble (or have in the past) in many different areas artistically (painting, sketching, some clay sculpture, pottery, jewelry making, weaving, photography, crafting also- especially crochet, cross stitching, sewing, stamping), professionally (teacher currently, have been a tech writer, corporate consultant, done sales, even a public speaker), and in my private life (wife, mom, homemaker but far from a domestic goddess). I have gobs of interests that are pretty odd (kids gear and information about various special needs in kids). Problem is that I have so many interests, such a patchwork of dabbling and in reality so little time, I find myself lagging in some of these areas more than others. Makes me wonder what I will finally choose to be when I grow up, especially when some of the things are less realistic the older I get. I feel at times a bit like alphabet soup...you never know what letters you'll get today and if they will make a word or not!

Below: Some of my dabbling...
Aprica stroller (Kid gear) with Veggie Tale Storage Sack (Sewing)

Peacefulness- The Calm Returns After the Storm (Photography)

1 comment:

  1. I am not growing up or picking just one thing.... Keep dabbling my friend!

    ReplyDelete