Sunday, June 27, 2010

Home, Sometimes Sweet Home




Coming home yesterday was a big shock after this past weeks storms. Many people lost trees, power was knocked out, and two homes burned after being struck by lightening. Our view of the house from the street was completely blocked by fallen trees. It looks like 3 will need to be removed, an undertaking bigger than we can do on our own. Our house was not hit, which is an amazing feat when you live amongst large trees!!!




Today I went outside to walk the dog and take a closer look at things. A couple pieces of siding need to be fixed it seems. Our roof held strong and solid; a blessing we couldn't have counted on before replacing the old one. The bluebirds nest in the eaves must be untouched still as she chattered me away from it when I was on the porch.

We found some strange things also. There is a dark little moth clinging to the front window. When I looked above the window there is a gray bug that somehow resembles a dragon. And the little peeps I thought were birds, my daughter pointed out wisely are actually little bats. It is neat to see nature surrounding us.

Below you see the brown moth, the dragon-like creature and some kind of walking ant. The picture of the bats is difficult to see so I will work on editing it a bit before posting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment