Friday, July 30, 2010

Summertime...


Lots of exciting stuff going on this summer!!!

Lovely Lady is growing up. She is writing neat stuff, lots of poetry which happens to be better than mine. I am biased however. Her vocabulary grows along with her writing; which is good when writing and bad when articulating dissent in the ranks of family life. She also has grown into a really great big sister, cheering on and supporting her little brother really well. She is the kind of sister I'd want. She is dramatic, creative, beautiful, smart, and sweet. I love seeing her writing in her journal each day, playing with the old dog, and scooting on the scooter all over!

Little Man is certainly growing up too. He is swimming like a fish, even jumping off the diving board at his grandparents pool. Last night he hit an amazing high. We took him and his bike to a parking lot across the street from the park. With Lovely Lady cheering madly, he was able to take off on 2 wheels. He rambled around that lot for about an hour, not stopping once! He continues to be a Pokemon master, though conversations about Bakugan have started to creep in. He also articulates things carefully, making clear in no uncertain terms how he feels about life.

Well, as for me, I guess I am growing up too. I am reading all kinds of interesting books (The China Study, An Elephant in the Playroom, The Explosive Child, Lost at School, Boys Adrift to name a few!) that are pretty heavy. I did also read a couple lighter ones along with lots of magazine articles. I also have also been working on other stuff, like yanking out my Dave Ramsey books and creating an updated budget for the family. I joined a pool and am dragging the kids there as often as I can which we love! I also have been doing a ton of driving between the two homes. I think I'll be as sad as the children to see summer end. I am each year it seems. The more time passes filled with unfulfilled dreams the more I treasure this time with the kids. It all seems to go too fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment